|Denny Price Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing clerical support in order to ensure services are provided in an effective manner. As Executive Assistant, person is responsible for assisting CEO as directed in all phases of YMCA administrative.
1. Prepare an agenda, attending and taking minutes for board and committee meetings
2. Compose “Plans of Action” for committee and Board meetings
3. Email all board members an agenda, previous minutes and financials five days prior to meeting
4. Contact those Board members who have not sent RSVP to confirm attendance at meeting. Give reminders of Board meeting two days in advance. Keep records of correspondence in the board book.
5. Responsible for sending notices and contacting committee members to confirm attendance for committee meetings. Also, order committee meeting lunches and assist with set-up
6. Prepare the committee meeting agenda and save all correspondence from committee meetings electronically
7. Responsible for generating a membership count each month
8. Responsible for generating a membership activity report each month
9. Prepare thank you and tax letters from any contributions
10. Generate monthly Annual Campaign statements in MST
11. Prepare United Way and other grant applications
12. Enter payments for meeting lunches and other transactions into DAXKO
13. Prepare outgoing mail for pickup
14. Open and organize YMCA mail and direct to CEO or other recipients.
1. Communicate with people at all levels in a positive way
2. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
3. Ability to work efficiently and accurately on a computer using our software tools
4. Ability to support management and philosophies of the Denny Price Family YMCA
5. Must be extremely organized, accurate, reliable, and diligent in meeting deadlines
6. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
7. Confidentiality is imperative, the incumbent must be mature and discrete
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.