|Denny Price Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
|April 1, 2017|
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Instruct group classes, provide excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures, increase membership retention, increase membership numbers, increase volunteer involvement in the YMCA through special events, increase awareness in wellness and strength in the community, introduce and encourage participation in other YMCA Activities.
1. Maintain current certifications
2. Arrive prepared, at least ten minutes before/after scheduled class time
3. Record class attendance
4. Enforce safety standards, procedures and guidelines
5. Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings
6. Secure a substitute instructor when unable to teach scheduled class, remind substitute at least 24 hours in advance, and notify supervisor of change
7. Assist with YMCA special events when needed
8. Positively support the Denny Price Family YMCA and its mission
9. Provide two week notice to supervisor when vacating scheduled class
10. Demonstrate and teach these attributes of personal character: caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
11. Maintain a good rapport with fitness program participants to respond to their needs and to represent the YMCA
12. Physically fit in order to demonstrate all levels of aerobic exercises
13. Mentally alert to recognize potential hazards and accidents. Physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and administer CPR effectively
14. Educate participants on proper form, contraindicated exercises and modifications of moves
15. Enthusiastic and motivating with good communication skills
16. Attend scheduled meetings
1. At least one year of group exercise class experience
2. Understand phrasing and beats to music
3. Knowledge of large and small muscle groups
4. Specific knowledge of group exercise class format and activity
5. Strong communication skills with the ability to handle complaining or demanding individuals without internalizing or personalizing comments made
6. Obtain YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles within 6 months of hire
7. Obtain YMCA Group Exercise Instructor Certification or other national certification if none is held within 6 months of hire
8. Current CPR and First Aid Certificates
9. Physically fit in order to demonstrate all levels of aerobic and toning exercises while being mentally alert to recognize potential hazards and accidents
10. Physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and administer CPR effectively.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more.