|Denny Price Family YMCA|
|We are hiring for AM shifts PM shifts and weekend shifts.|
Job Application Deadline:
|Until position is filled.|
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
To maintain an environment that insures children’s safety. Plan and care for the needs of each child.
Ensure the individual needs of each child are met with dignity and respect. All safety procedures are
followed according to YMCA policies and procedures. To exemplify the YMCA values of Caring, Honesty,
Respect, and Responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Interact and nurture children
2. Interact with parents and discuss children’s daily activities
3. Greet parents when dropping off and picking up children
4. Discuss any issue with a parent in a calm manner and report the incident to the Child Care
5. Be alert to any potential health or safety dangers to children
6. Maintain a clean workspace
7. Responsible for cleaning nursery toys and equipment after each shift
8. Responsible for creating arts-n-crafts, story time, and playtime with children
9. Good health and hygiene
10. Complete accident reports for children if injured
11. Assist with After School/Day Camp when needed
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Communicate with people at all levels in a positive way
2. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
3. Ability to work efficiently and accurately on a computer using our software tools as needed
4. Ability to support management and philosophies of the Denny Price Family YMCA
5. Must be extremely organized, accurate, reliable, and diligent in meeting deadlines
6. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
7. Confidentiality is imperative, the incumbent must be mature and discrete
8. Friendly, smiling, and outgoing personality
1. At least 16 years old
2. Certification in CPR and First Aid
3. Prior experience supervising children
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand;
walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception