|Maintenance Director/Property Manager|
|Denny Price Family YMCA|
|Salary depends upon experience and certifications|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under direction of the Executive Director, plans, organizes and provides supervision and oversight for daily maintenance operations and activities in Denny Price Family YMCA, which includes landscape and lighting, facilities, fitness equipment areas, pool operations, parking lots & drainage; supervises and evaluates the work of both YMCA maintenance employees, outside contractors, and other employees as assigned by Executive Director; coordinates department activities with those of other departments; inspects and troubleshoots maintenance work; and performs related work as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is the full supervisory level utilized in the Denny Price Family YMCA Maintenance Department. Duties include both field supervision and inspection of work and office administrative duties in support of the functional area of assignment. Incumbents are expected to exercise initiative and independence in implementing departmental policies, developing effective work processes, and solving operational problems.
(Duties are illustrative and not inclusive and may vary with individual assignments.)
1. Supervises maintenance staff by determining workloads and schedules; develops, interprets, and implements policies and procedures; evaluates staff and makes hiring and termination recommendations; and ensures that
staff are trained in complex maintenance activities and are following standard operating procedures.
2. Monitors and participates in operations in assigned sections including inspecting projects, developing, and implementing modifications and improvements, recommending specifications and scheduling for contracts,
negotiating prices, and inspecting contractor’s work to ensure that safe work practices and standard operating procedures are followed.
3. Answers questions and provides information related to projects including resolving problems, approving expenditures, handling complaints, and providing technical expertise in area of assignment.
4. Interacts professionally with the public, vendors and YMCA staff; maintains effective working relationships and works in cooperation with the management team to effectively meet departmental objectives.
5. Provides input into the development of the operating budget for the assigned area of responsibility; orders materials and supplies; assists in the monitoring and tracking of expenditures for the section.
6. Coordinates section activities with other sections, programs, and departments, including scheduling and resolving problems; coordinates and inspects work performed by contractors.
7. Assists in the selection of staff; performs periodic evaluations of subordinates and recommends and implements discipline as required.
8. Ensures that safety training is provided to maintenance staff and that proper safety practices are followed.
9. Responds to emergencies as requested; coordinates activities with other responders; directs the work of staff and utilization of resources to complete repair and ensure the safety of the members and staff.
10. May perform a variety of field maintenance tasks, depending upon experience and level of certification.
11. Maintain maintenance of grounds and landscaping.
12. Prepares records related to the work performed and materials and supplies used.
13. Oversees the Manager On Duty, including, but not limited to hiring, training discipline, firing and yearly evaluations.
14. Oversees the cleaning Staff.
15. Establishes and maintains a preventive maintenance system.
16. Turns in all purchase orders in a timely manner.
17. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
18. Turns in work hours to TPI each week for any employees employed through them.
Possession of a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (G.E.D) and two years of skilled or semi-skilled maintenance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above. College-level course work enabling incumbent to obtain job-related licenses or certificates is desirable.
Must possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. At the option of the Executive Director, persons hired into this position may be required to either possess or obtain
within specified time limits designated licenses, certificates or specialized education and training relevant to the area of assignment.
Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical work out of doors in all weather conditions and with exposure to potentially hazardous conditions, use varied hand and power tools, drive a motor vehicle and/or heavy construction equipment; lift and move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and heavier weights with the use of proper equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone and/or radio. Must work emergency overtime as required. Must be willing to work out of doors in all weather conditions and with exposure to traffic
and potentially hazardous conditions.