|Denny Price Family YMCA|
|Saturday morning 6:30 am - 12:00 pm|
Job Application Deadline:
|Until position is filled.|
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Director and the Building Supervisor Trainer, the Building Supervisor provides oversight of and assistance with the ongoing activities of the YMCA. This may be in the absence of, or in conjunction with, any Directors who are on duty at the time. The Building Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the staff, members and guests have a safe, clean and pleasant environment in which to work and exercise.
1. Communicate with people at all levels in a positive way
2. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
3. Ability to work efficiently and accurately on a computer using our software tools as needed
4. Ability to support management and philosophies of the Denny Price Family YMCA
5. Must be extremely organized, accurate, reliable, and diligent in meeting deadlines
6. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
7. Confidentiality is imperative, must demonstrate maturity and discretion
1. High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
2. Previous supervisory experience is a plus.
3. Prefer applicant be 21 years of age or older, but will consider college age applicant if they possess relevant job experience, specifically customer service and supervisory experience.
Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform, work in and out of doors in all weather
conditions; lift and move tables, chairs, laundry, and boxes weighing up to 40 pounds; vision to read
printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the
telephone and / or radio, and must be available, on occasion, to come in on short notice to work when