|Climbing Wall Supervisor|
|Denny Price Family YMCA|
|Flexible schedule but some evenings and weekends.|
Job Application Deadline:
|May 1, 2017|
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
It is the responsibility of Climbing Wall Belayer to monitor the climbing wall and surrounding area. Climbing Wall Belayers are responsible for enforcing all Climbing Wall and Denny Price Family YMCA policies and procedures. Climbing Wall Belayers are also responsible for general responsibilities including: organizing equipment, maintaining equipment inspections, monitoring the proper use of the climbing area as well as completing other related tasks deemed necessary by the Fitness Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Opening and closing the wall on a scheduled basis
2. Responsible for efficiently and effectively completing paperwork and tasks associated with managing climbers
3. Responsible for monitoring climbers in the climbing area
4. Helping to create a positive and welcoming climbing environment
5. To assist in cleaning the climbing wall area including the wall, flooring and the holds
6. Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
7. Attend scheduled safety training meetings
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Communicate with people at all levels in a positive way
2. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
3. Ability to work efficiently and accurately on a computer using our software tools as needed
4. Ability to support management and philosophies of the Denny Price Family YMCA
5. Must be extremely organized, accurate, reliable, and diligent in meeting deadlines
6. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
7. Confidentiality is imperative, the incumbent must be mature and discrete
1. Must be at least 18 years of age
2. CPR is required but can be acquired upon employment
3. Previous climbing experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.