|Customer Service Representative|
|Denny Price Family YMCA|
|Early Morning 4:45 am - 12;00 pm, 3-5 days per week.|
Job Application Deadline:
|Until position is filled.|
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The customer service representative shall be under the supervision of the full-time customer service
supervisor, business manager and/or CEO. The customer service representative will be responsible for
greeting all members and non-members that enter the facility, scan membership cards, answer the
phone, accept and receipt monies for program fees/memberships/daily memberships/merchandise,
handle complaints, inform the public concerning programs/memberships, scheduling of courts/gyms,
and balancing of the cash drawer.
1. Communicate with people at all levels in a positive way
2. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
3. Ability to work efficiently and accurately on a computer using our software tools
4. Ability to support management and philosophies of the Denny Price Family YMCA
5. Must be extremely organized, accurate, reliable, and diligent in meeting deadlines
6. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
7. Confidentiality is imperative, the incumbent must be mature and discrete
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Greet Members – All members and non-members will receive an enter greeting when entering
the facility and an exit greeting when leaving the facility. Every effort will be taken to learn the
members name and to acknowledge them by name when they are in the facility. All members
cards will be scanned and non-members will purchase a day membership.
2. Answer Telephone – Answer the phone using proper telephone etiquette and skills. All
messages will be written legibly with date, time, and name of person taking message.
3. Program Signups – Make sure parent fills out program applications properly, must be able to
answer all general questions concerning programs, accept and receipt money and make sure the
proper information is added to the program notebook.
4. Memberships – Answer all membership questions including types, must be able to quote the
correct prices, ensure that all the proper paperwork and forms are complete and accurate, know
the policies and procedures for the building areas and be able to answer any general questions
concerning the facility’s areas.
5. Complaints – Discuss any issue with a member or non-member in a calm manner without the
raising of your voice or causing any further confrontation.
6. Scheduling – Schedule courts and enroll members in classes in a timely/proper manner.
7. Accepting and Receipting of Funds – Accept all funds that are given at the front desk or received
through the mail and generate a computer receipt for that transaction.
8. Balance Cash Drawer – Make sure all receipts and cash at the end of each shift is accounted for
and in balance with each other.
9. Office Duties – Perform jobs that may require additional help in the office area such as filing,
stuffing envelopes, etc.
10. General Duties - Report vending machine malfunctions and take care of giving refunds, make
sure towels are available at the front and promote programs/special events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to stand; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit;
walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.