|Denny Price Family YMCA|
Job Application Deadline:
|Until position is filled.|
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Lifeguards will be a professional staff member under the supervision of the Aquatics Director and/or
Assistant Aquatics Director and will work with the Aquatics Coordinator, instructors, lifeguards and swim
coaches as needed. Lifeguards will help with the organization of programs and projects, and will work
with the Aquatics Director to enlist and train volunteers. Must be willing to obtain and/or keep all
certifications necessary for this position current.
1. Communicate with people at all levels in a positive way
2. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
3. Ability to work efficiently and accurately on a computer using our software tools as needed
4. Ability to support management and philosophies of the Denny Price Family YMCA
5. Must be extremely organized, accurate, reliable, and diligent in meeting deadlines
6. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
7. Confidentiality is imperative, the incumbent must be mature and discrete
1. Must have current American Red Cross, YMCA or equivalent certifications in Lifeguard Training,
CPR-PR/AED and First Aid
2. Minimum age must be 16 years old
3. Upon interview must be able to show all lifeguard and CPR skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand;
walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.