Healthy Weight and Your Child
Is an evidence-based program that aims to empower families through education, healthy eating and physical activity to elicit positive change. Our goal is to help you learn skills and behaviors for living a healthier lifestyle.
- In-person sessions for child and adult
- Physical activity
- Healthy eating
- Portion control
- Grocery Store tour
- Food label reading
- Internal and external trigger
To qualify for participation in this Program:
- Child must be 7-13 years old
- Child must carry excess weight, with a body mass index of the 95th percentile or higher
- Child must receive clearance from a healthcare provider or school nurse to participate in physical activity
- Adult MUST attend all sessions with child
Enrollment begins July 15th and program begins in September.
The family information session will be held August 28th and the first session will be held September 10th.
For more information please call the Y 580-237-4645 and ask for Kim Boeckman ext 18, Shanna Winterbank ext 29 or Kim Jackson ext 22 or email email@example.com.